Christian Yin Yoga Training
- This event has passed.
May 4 - May 5
15 hrs YA CEU’s
This unique Christ-Centered Yin Yoga training offers us the gift of a faith-based practice; allowing us to wake up from autopilot and return to the awareness of body, breath, and silent prayer. You do not need to be a yoga teacher to attend. This course can be taken to simply cultivate and deepen your practice or to further your yoga teaching skills.
Yin yoga allows you to focus on being in your practice, rather than doing your practice. God did not create us to be in constant motion; this practice offers us an opportunity to settle into an intimate time of prayer and praise.
Christian Yoga Project will offer two facets to this Yin Yoga training.
In Facet 1 – Foundations you will deepen your practice and learn:
- What yin yoga is and the history
- The difference between yin and yang yoga
- The difference between restorative and yin
- The “language” of Yin Yoga
- 26 Yin postures
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Alignment principles, modifications and use of props
- Verbal cueing and teaching styles
- Benefits and Contradictions of Yin Yoga
- General sequencing
- Overview of meridians and chakras
- Meditations for Yin Yoga
- What is Christ-centered Yoga
Join us May 4-5th, 2019 from 8:30-5:30 pm
Includes training manual, two class plans, playlist, and meditation, light lunch and snacks provided
Required: The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark
Recommended: The Concise Book of Muscles 4th Edition by Chris Jarmey
“What is My Life Purpose?”
Do you find yourself asking this question over and over again?
If you’re looking for your purpose and feel compelled to spread God’s word, discover how through Christian Yoga by scheduling a phone call today.